Updated August 3, 2017

General Information & Frequently Asked Questions

To Look up Ordinances 1 through 584 have been archived please use the link below. Use the center section place Bucoda in the first block and select Ordinance Records from the pull down menu. 

Newer Ordinances 585 to 642 can be viewed at Town Hall

We are working on getting all the Ordinances on the State Archive 

Where is Town Hall located?

  • The Town Hall office is at 7th Street and Main Street, in the Bucoda Community Center. Our contact into can be found at the Contact tab to the left.

Where do I go for utility account information and new account set up?

  • Water and garbage are set up through the Town Hall office. We must see you in person to do your new account application and tap deposit. Changes to your existing water/garbage account will also be handled at Town Hall.
  • Power is handled through Puget Sound Energy. They can be reached at (888) 225-5773.
  • Landline telephone service and DSL internet is through Tenino Telephone and their number is (360) 264-2915.

Where do I pay my water/garbage bill?

  • Payments for Bucoda water/garbage billing are taken at the Town Hall office. Payments may be dropped off in person during business hours, dropped in the drop box at the Town Hall office, or mailed. Payments must be received by 5PM on the 20th of the month following meter reads to avoid late charges. (We do not go by postmark date.)On Line payments use tab on left

Where are the schools?

  • Bucoda is in the Tenino School District.
  • The district office is located at 301 Old Hwy 99 North, Tenino, WA 98589.
  • They can be reached by phone at 360-264-3400.

  • Younger children (age 3 or 4 by August 31st) may also be eligible for the Rainier Headstart Program.
  • The Rainier Center is located at 301 Alaska Street, Rainier, WA 98576.
  • Their phone number is (360) 446-2555 or (888) 446-2558.

Are there any city buses around here?

  • South Thurston County Rural & Tribal Transportation has a route that picks up in Bucoda at Hwy 507 and 6th Street and makes a loop through Centralia, Ground Mound, and Tenino. Bucoda Town Hall has information pamphlets available, and schedules and route maps can also be found at ThurstonRT.org or by calling (800) 650-7846.

Do I need to license my pets?

  • Dogs and goats must be licensed through Town Hall. Cats are not required to be licensed, but we can issue you a license for your cat if you like.

I have work I need to do on my house/property. Do I need a permit?

  • ​It depends on the work that will be done. Contact Town Hall for information and permit costs, and if possible, have an estimate available. ​If you'll be working with a contractor, also have them contact Town Hall for Business License requirements.

Speaking of permits, what about burning?

When and where are Town Council meetings?

  • Town Council meetings are held at 7PM on the second Tuesday of each month at the Bucoda Community Center (South Room), located at 204 South Main Street, Bucoda, WA 98530.
  • If needed, the Council may hold a workshop on the fourth Tuesday.
  • Council meetings are open to the public, and all are encouraged to attend.